Tuesday, November 14, 2017

3 Simple Steps...


As is the case with synchronicity, the lovely Danyel Waters set a little challenge called the #3stepstoabetterme which I have decided to take on as a little kick start to ticking things off my happiness self-check list.




Here is a list of 3 things I am going to make a priority for myself this week, in actual fact not only this week but also beyond that.


1. Daily Green Smoothie 

So, I allowed life to get the way of my having my daily smoothies and my body has been craving them for the past couple of weeks...yep lots of excuses and not enough action!

So anyway, I know that my body has been craving them because irregularities have yet again occured...yes peeps I'm taking about 💩, or im my case the lack thereof, which sees my tummy distended and my energy levels plummet.  Whilst this could also be due to not getting in many calories due to having my lapband tightened and so what goes in, most often than not has been pretty much immediately regurgitated - gross image sorry! I know from personal experience that green smoothies are the bomb and help me feel better about myself!



2. Proper Rest 

I really struggle with this as I feel lazy when I rest when there is still so much to do. So instead I push through like a crazy woman until its done and then instead of only needing a short break I need a week to get back on my feet because I'm drained completely. Which means all the shit I had done builds up again and the cycle continues. But not this week...nope, I am taking time to rest! Partly because of my little slip on the weekend that has buggered my knee and ankle but also because I need to do it, for me, so that I don't end up down and out when the stakes are highest!

Something awesome that happened and which is a very rare occurance for me, is last night I was asleep by 10pm (WOW!  Anyone who truly knows me would be shocked at this, as being up until the early hours of the morning is my norm).  Not only did I fall asleep early but I slept all the way through until 9.30am.  So thankful for my sweetman for getting the kids up and ready and allowing me the sleep that it seems I desperately needed.  Now to keep that trend happening.  11pm is my stop work and just veg out curfew!



3. Choose my battles  

For instance today, its the fact that my insta feed is not symmertical anymore, to the point I was going to delete a heap of stuff and readd it (well in all honesty I tried to balance it bit it was stressing me out) I know it seems trivial but to me it is huge...same as my pantry being alphabetised and having dinner on the table by a precise time and not one minute over, the kids wearing the right days jocks - which I am convinced they don't just because they know it drives me crazy 😜. 

So anyway the point being that this week I'm just going to let it be what it is. The world will not end because my insta feed isn't perfectly balanced - white quote, 2 coloured pictures, black quote...I mean does anyone even really pay attention? The answer I need from you btw is NO...never noticed 😉.





So there you have it, the 3 Simple Steps I plan to do this week to lead to a better me!  What about you?  You willing to change 3 little things this week that will help you feel better about yourself? 


I have already started to think about my list for next week.  I know! I know!  One day at a time, but I feel motivated and inspired again and its a great feeling!

Oh be sure to check out Danyel's facebook page too...you can find it HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all messages and comments that are positive and encouraging. If however you do have some criticism please make sure that it is constructive rather than destructive. Much Love, Light and Peace XOXO Tash!